Have anyone ever said something or done something that hurt you? The truth is, I am sure we all have been hurt many times and also have hurt others many times. Below, are a few thoughts to help you in overcoming hurt. I hope these thoughts also probe your thinking as they have mine, to love and to be humble.
1. If I am feeling hurt, now is a good time to look at the my own life and call to mind where I have made mistakes, and when I have hurt someone. I should not have a pity party, but look at myself with a humble perspective.
2. One way I attempt to overcome, is by trying to look past who and what hurt me. Sometimes, I honestly can and do look past and (in my heart) forgive the hurt. But when this certain thing keeps annoying me it’s time to do something. Because, harboring hurt feeling in my heart and mind will never heal me, maybe it’s time for me to talk with the person about it (as long as I can keep a humble attitude).
Remember: If you hold onto hurt, it will soon become bitterness, and bitterness digs it’s roots deep. Instead, forgive the hurt, be humble and accept forgiveness where you may have been wrong.
3. Let’s talk more about “looking past your hurt feelings”, as I mentioned earlier.
If we can forgive and put those words said or that thing that was done to us behind, this is a very gracious act. “Love covers a multitude of sins.” It might be time we let love cover, and not hold it against them.
4. Remember, often (not always) hurts are not intentional. Think about it. Aren’t there plenty of times that you hurt someone and had no clue the thing you said or did was going to have the effect that it did? So, let’s assume the best of others, that is what love does.
5. Speaking of love, 1 Corinthians 13 says it best:
“Love is never tired of waiting; Love is kind; Love has no envy; Love has no high opinion of itself, Love has no pride; Love’s ways are ever fair, It takes no thought for itself; It is not quickly made angry, It takes no account of evil; It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, But has joy in what is true; Love has the power of undergoing all things, Having faith in all things, Hoping all things Love has no end.”
That is all for today. I hope these thoughts help you on each of your journeys to help you overcome. Relationships are important, never give up and never be too proud to forgive and accept forgiveness!
Any more thoughts? I would love to talk in the comments below!